Friday, June 17, 2011

Gone to Pot!

I have a new love. It's pottery! My sweet, loving and ever so encouraging husband gifted me a membership to Mudfire Clayworks for my birthday last December. Wondered where I've been? Now you know. I am head over heels in love with playing in the mud and I absolutely adore all the fun, funky and fabulous folks down at Mudfire. Go check 'em out - you can also purchase gallery pieces right from their website now! If you look, I'm sure there will be something you just can't live without. Check back often because their shows change and there's always something new or something new coming up soon.

Here's a smattering of pieces I've made since the beginning of the year. I'd never thrown on a potter's wheel before starting at Mudfire and definitely still have a lot to learn but the process has been incredibly fulfilling. I can see a noticeable difference in my work - bowls feel lighter, edges are more refined, I'm even learning to put handles on mugs and "things"! I'm working on some commissioned pieces at the moment and shortly after that, I will be making pieces to put on Etsy. If you are interested in keeping up with me and my pottery, for now you can find me on Facebook as The Left Handed Potter.









No comments: