Saturday, May 3, 2008
In Celebration of Spring
I had planned to get up early (which I did) and work in the gardens today. I have about 20 hostas, 10 daffodils and a few hyacinths that are waiting for their new home in the freshly composted beds. Mother Nature had a different plan for me and decided the plants need water before I put them in their final resting place. So, while it's raining outside, I decided to post a photo from our woodland walk in Northern California a few months ago.
Also, I'd like to give thanks, in random order:
• Thanks to the all of the new friends I've met since starting this blog. It would take too long to list each one separately but you should know who you are. I hope I have thanked each of you personally.
• Thanks to all of my old friends who probably sometimes begin to think I'm full of myself but continue to be my friends.
• Thanks to all of the wonderful people I met on my ArtFest journey.
• Thanks to the people who take the time to see what I have to say here. Extra special thanks to those of you who take the time to post a comment. I am always excited when I see a new message.
• Thanks to Mother Nature and the Creator for showing me that every day is a new beginning.
• Thanks to my husband for allowing me to live the life of a 'Tiny Pharm Wife'.
• Thanks to good cheese and fresh baked bread. Compliments of said husband who got up hours earlier, made freshly ground french press coffee, left it in a thermos for me, then went for an early morning ride on his motorcycle to come back with a backpack full of yummy stuff. I'm not particularly thankful for the 'Stinking Bishop Cheese' because it was a bit too stinky for me. Plus, with a name like that, it's hard to enjoy! But thanks just the same.
• Thanks to Susanna Gordon for the kind gift of one of her photographs accompanied with a thoughtful hand written letter. I found her from the very first issue of "Artful Blogging" and she's been a great source of inspiration and encouragement ever since. Actually, it was Susanna that suggested I start my very own blog. She was right - it has enriched my life in so many ways.
• Thanks to my family who knew I was always a little different but allowed me to be so loving me along the way.
• Thanks to the other artists, writers, humans who share their world and continue to inspire me as I sometimes just wander down my own path of enlightenment.
• Thanks to YOU for reading this long list. I think I've had too much coffee. I need to get out in the yard. I guess I can dig with my fancy rubber boots on since it's still raining.