Friday, August 31, 2007

Local Harvest

We joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) last year and have been completely spoiled with the weekly supply of wonderful organic locally grown vegetables. Our CSA is right around the corner. Well, less than 10 miles, which is considered "right around the corner" when you live where we do. I highly recommend visiting LocalHarvest to find organic growers, restaurants and markets in your area.
I have all of these beautiful peppers and need to figure out what to do with them. I think I may string up some of the Habaneros and experiment with drying them for the winter. Perhaps it's time to make another batch of pepper jelly, as well. If you haven't tried pepper jelly, you're missing out on one of my favorite tastes in the world.

We had an amazing dinner last night at Woodfire Grill in Atlanta with a group of friends who had never eaten there before. M and I have been a few times and enjoyed every visit. Chef Touhy pays special attention to what is in season and purchases locally grown organic produce. The menu changes daily - all the more reason to visit often.

I know I won't do the meal justice by trying to explain everything from the vegetable tasting menu but I will tell you that the house made goat milk sorbet and fresh peaches at the end was simply divine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you live in a wonderful part of the country with a great selection of local and organic food. I've never been to Georgia but I swear you have the prettiest American accent I've ever heard. There's a real warmth to that accent.

I have also never tried pepper jelly (I'll put it on the list). And goat milk sorbet...hmmm...wonder what that tastes like...?