Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Explore. Dream. Discover.


What a treat to spend the evening listening to true old country legends with one of my long time friends. Ray Price, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson under the stars at Chastain. Ray Price is 81 years old! They are definitely some of the Last of the Breed if not the last three. Interesting crowd - I was surprised to see so many young people. Lots of fun, old memories and maybe just a little too much wine. As soon as Merle started singing "Silver Wings..." I had a flash of my father singing that same song along with the radio in the driver's seat of Old Betsy our family station wagon. Good memories. I was very fortunate to have a driver home from the concert, as well.

This photo is a shot that my husband took across Cloudland Canyon State Park in northeast GA a couple weekends ago. If you click on the photo you can read the Mark Twain quote I added for a friend. M and I spent the day shopping, walking and talking at The World's Longest Yard Sale. Tired and worn out, we made a bolt to the canyon right before sunset. So worth it and a wonderful way to end the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such true words in that quote. And I just saw an ad in NJ for that country legends concert. Glad to hear that you had a good time. I am woefully ignorant when it comes to country music. I think I can name perhaps ten country singers by name but less than that if I have to name one of their songs. I really should broaden my country music horizons.
And I am thoroughly jealous that you were able to go to the World's Longest Yard Sale! How cool was that?! What did you find? Did you bring anything home with you?